Sunday, August 11, 2013

Parangkusumo Sand Dunes

"Gumuk pasir Parangkusumo", as they called it in Bahasa. I finally had a chance to visit it on Friday during our Eid trip to Yogyakarta after reading many web articles about it, let alone a number of videos that was shot here. It is located in Parangtritis area, about a good 45 minutes away from Yogyakarta. Or, if you are visiting during peak time like we did, you may have to actually spend a minimum of an hour to get there.


 The sun was scorching up on my head and with the sands on my feet, I almost felt like I was away in the Saharan desert. My brother and I walked up to the top, not so easily as the powdery sand kept engulfing our feet as we took each step. The bird-eye view was quite something, though. When we were facing South, the green hills were rolling in our back and to the front we could see the blue horizon of the Indian Ocean. Then on I realized I wasn't in the Saharan desert.


And that time of excursion was spent on exploring, taking pictures, and kick up some dust... literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment